Monday, October 01, 2018

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies Week of September 30 2018

September 30th to October 6th, 2018

Wow here we are into Fall. September sure flew by quickly; is that because there are only 30 days in September? That question is way above my pay grade. LOL And as the month flew by, so did the four hours on this week's show. It was so good to play some great songs for you from this week's Spotlight Year, 1964. As I mentioned on the show, the British Music Invasion was in full swing and yet you had songs such as Hello Dolly! by Louis Armstrong reaching Number One on the charts. Amazing! What variety of music there was. That's what I feel is missing from contemporary hit radio. There is very little variety other than the odd ballad that creeps in. That's why I love bringing the show to you every week, as each of the four hours is filled with a variety of hits from the '50s, '60s, and '70s. A big hello goes out to listeners Linda Gehres, Toni Howerton, and Tammy Maynard who send some very cool emails to me. Thanks very much. It's great to hear from listeners and I look forward to hearing from you. My email address is michael@treasureislandoldies.com. 

I invite you to join me next week as we celebrate our annual Canadian Thanksgiving Special. I'll play some "thankful" songs during the show including Little Eva's Turkey Trot! That's next Sunday, October 7th starting at 6 pm Pacific.

Is you birthday coming up soon? If so, please let me know. Send the date info to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com and I'll wish you Happy Birthday on the show and play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

The Top Five Countdown this week is from our Spotlight Year 1964. And sitting at the top of the charts was a song that has become an all-time classic, Oh! Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison. It's is now playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Treasure Island Oldies Blog.

Next week the Voice Your Choice spotlight is on another great great R&B artist, Clyde McPhatter. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either A Lover's Question or Lover Please. I'll play the winner next week's show.

Listen to this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Have a great week and I look forward to sharing Canadian Thanksgiving with you on the show next week.

Bye for now.
Michael