Monday, September 22, 2014

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies - Week of September 21st, 2014



September 21st , 2014 to September 28th, 2014

It was great to be back again for this week’s live show and thanks for the great welcome home. I had a great visit with my family back east near Ottawa, but also good be home again.

I’d like to welcome another new radio station to the Broadcast Partners Network. A big hello to Kelly Jones and everyone at WZCO 89.9 FM in Chadburn, North Carolina. We’ll be with you every weekend, Friday evenings from 7 to 11 and again Sunday afternoons from 1 to 5 pm. I’m also looking forward to hearing from listeners in the Chadburn area and to playing your requests. Welcome aboard the Island!

If your birthday is coming up, be sure to let me know so that I can help celebrate your special day on the show. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com and I’ll wish you Happy Birthday on the show and also play The Beatles and Birthday for you.

Continuing our tribute to the late George Hamilton IV, who passed away last week at age 77 due to a heart attack, there’s a very nice TV show clip of him at the Treasure Island Oldies Blog. He performs Abilene plus Fort Worth, Dallas or Houston. It’s our Song of the Week.

Voice Your Choice presents a group signed to Motown Records’ subsidiary label, Rare Earth, which also is name of the group. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either (I Know) I’m Losing You or Get Ready. I’ll play the winner in the 3rd hour of next week’s show.

Here’s the Rock and Roll News for the week of September 21st.


Listen to the Top 5 Countdown from 1963.


http://www.treasureislandoldies.com/assets/multimedia/top_5.ram


Remember if you missed the Live show, the Archive is available for your listening pleasure at the Listen page.

Have a good week.

Bye for now.

Michael