Monday, August 08, 2016

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of August 7th, 2016

August 7th to August 13th, 2016

I had a great time playing the music for you once again this week on Treasure Island Oldies. I was also pleased to pay tribute to Canada's Pat Hervey who passed away July 31st. It was great to hear Mr. Heartache,  and Tears Of Misery, along with a couple of lesser known songs by her, Walkin' In Bonnie's Footsteps and Heaven For A While, both of which were Top 20 hits in Canada. I think it is so important to recognize our recording artists and their contribution to music history. I try to keep their music alive on the show, and I feel it is important to pay tribute to them when they pass. Their legacy is the great music they recorded for us, the fans.

We're just a few weeks away from the next special. On Sunday, September 4th it's the Labour Day Back To School Special. You'll hear songs like Chain Gang, Let's Work Together, New Girl In School, Be True To Your School, as a few examples. As as we are approaching the end of summer, I'll also play some last of the summer songs for this year. 

It's Inventory Week at My Generation Posters. And they hate counting stock! As an incentive to have less items in their warehouse, they're having a 10% Off Inventory Sale. Just enter the code INV10 at checkout to receive your discount. But it's only for this week on all stock. Visit their website to find more details, and while there, sign up for their weekly newsletter. You'll be among the first to know about the upcoming weekly specials. And be sure to also let them know you heard their commercial on Treasure Island Oldies.

Is your birthday coming up soon? If so, please be sure to let me know so that I can celebrate your special day on the show. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I’ll wish you Happy Birthday during the show and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing the Number One song on this week's Top 5 Countdown from 1959. It's Elvis Presley with A Big Hunk Of Love. Man this rocks!. It's our Number One Song of the Week. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice presents two songs from the vast music catalogue of hits recorded by Bobby Vinton. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Mr. Lonely or Roses Are Red (My Love). I’ll play the winner on next week’s show.

Here’s this week’s Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Listen to the Top 5 Countdown from 1959.


Thanks again for listening. Join me next week on The Island!

Take care. 

Bye for now.

Michael