Monday, April 15, 2019

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies - Week of April 14th, 2019

April 14th to 20th, 2019
It's quite amazing to hear so many great songs by artists you only ever heard from one time. In  The Year 2525. Psychotic Reaction, Sugar Baby Love, Friday On My Mind, and so many other great records by artists you never heard from again. That's what we covered on this week's show with the One Hit Wonders special. Be sure to check out this week's Playlist for every song I played. It's at the Listen page, then scroll down to the Playlist. If you missed the live show, go to the Broadcast Partners Network page and you'll find the program grid with the days and times when you can hear this week's show on one of our many affiliate stations. 

Now you may know that I love animals, domestic or wild. However, things went too far this week as a frog moved into my throat and made my voice all scratchy. LOL Hopefully after several cups of tea and honey during and after the show, it will help resolve the situation in time for next week's show.

Our next special is very special indeed. Together we'll celebrate the 22nd Anniversary of Treasure Island Oldies, live Sunday, May 5th. I never imagined that when I started doing this show back in May 1997, that it would not only continue, but to have it continue to grow is just fantastic. Please join me for the anniversary celebration Sunday, May 5 beginning at 6 Pacific, 9 Eastern. As The Beatles sang, "A splendid time is guaranteed for all"!

If your birthday is coming up soon, I'd like to help celebrate your special day on the show. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'll wish you Happy Birthday on the air and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

Voice Your Choice spotlights Johnny Nash Because of the style of some of his recordings, many thought he was from Jamaica; however, he was born in Houston, Texas. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Hold Me Tight or I Can See Clearly Now. I'll play the winner on next week's show.

This week the Top Five Countdown is from 1957, the early days of Rock & Roll. Elvis Presley has the Number One song with All Shook Up and it's playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Blog.

Click here for the Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Have a good week.

Bye for now.
Michael