Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Andy Kim - Voice Your Choice

Andy Kim was born Androwis Jovakim December 5, 1952 in Montreal, Quebec. As a songwriter, Andy teamed up with Jeff Barry to co-write four out of the six hits for The Archies, including Sugar Sugar, a Number One song that remained at the top of the chart for one month and which also became a Gold record.

I first got to know Andy around 1970 when we were both still in Montreal and I was working at CFCF Radio, and we have remained friends ever since. He was a guest on my show a couple of years ago and we had a wonderful time reminiscing and I played his single, I Forgot To Mention, which he co-produced with Ed Robertson of the Barenaked Ladies.

It's a pleasure for me to have Andy Kim in the Voice Your Choice spotlight this week on Treasure Island Oldies. Cast your vote for the song you prefer: Be My Baby or Rock Me Gently.

Come to the Voice Your Choice page and make your selection. We'll play the winning song in Hour 3 of next week's show.