Tuesday, November 20, 2012

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies - Week Of November 18, 2012

November 18th, 2012 to November 24, 2012 

Here's the final total of all the songs played on the Music By Numbers Special: 19,408,133.6 Wow - I didn't know my calculator could go that high! LOL Congratulations to Kevin Harris in Dallas, Texas, who submitted the correct total in his email. A cool prize will be on its way to him soon. And thanks to all who entered the contest and for listening. From the response, I'd say you had a lot of fun listening to all those numbers songs.

I'd like to wish all my American friends a very Happy Thanksgiving. There's so much more travel going on to see distant family and friends at Thanksgiving than at Christmas, when it's more time to be at home with your immediate family. Whatever your travel plans, be safe and enjoy yourself.

If you have a birthday coming up, send the details of your name, city and birthday date to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'll help you celebrate by wishing you Happy Birthday on the show and I'll also play Birthday by The Beatles.

I continue to get many friends on my facebook page and it's a pleasure to welcome new friends every week. You can keep track of what's going on with the show and the weekly posts to the Treasure Island Oldies Blog are shared on the facebook page too. I invite you to become friends with me on facebook.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing Jr. Walker And The All Stars in a smokin' live performance of Shotgun, a clip from the Hullabaloo TV show. Wait till you check it out. It's our Song Of The Week. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice presents Carly Simon with two of her many great songs for your votes this week. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice Page for either That's The Way I've Always Heard It Should Be or Anticipation. I'll play the winner in the 3rd hour of next week's show.

Here is this week's Rock & Roll News for the Week of November 18th, 2012

 

And here's this week's Top 5 Countdown from 1962.



 





By the way, I've appreciated hearing from listeners who enjoy Treasure Island Oldies on their iPhone. Remember if you also have an iPhone or an Android type smartphone, you can listen to the show wherever you are. There's a cool download called TuneIn Radio. With it you can enjoy listening to Treasure Island Oldies and so many other Online Radio Stations It's at the iTunes Store in the Apps section. Happy listening while on the go.

Have a great week.

Bye for now

Michael