Monday, August 12, 2013

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies - Week Of August 11th, 2013


August 11th, 2013 to August 17th, 2013

It was great to be together with you again this week on Treasure Island Oldies and it was my pleasure to play your requests. Keep the coming! Click the Requests button on any page of the website or Call the Listener Line at 206-339-0709 and record your greeting and request.

I was surprised and saddened with the news of the passing of long time popular entertainer Eydie Gorme. There are more details at the Treasure Island Oldies Blog. I was glad to have quite a few of her hits that I could play on the show in tribute, and so I was able to play her signature hit Blame It On The Bossa Nova, plus You Need Hands, I Want To Stay Here and I Can't Stop Talking About You, both duets with her husband of almost 56 years, Steve Lawrence.

There are more specials on the way for your enjoyment. On Live show September 1st it's our Annual Labour Day Back To School End Of Summer Special, and also on the Archive all week long. The following week, September 8th I will be taking a week off for a little vacation. I have planned a wonderful Encore Playback of a show from February 2008 with special guest in the studio with me, Chad Allen, the original lead singer of The Guess Who, including their career launching hit version of Shakin' All Over, originally recorded by the British group Johnny Kid & The Pirates. The first hour of the show is with Chad and he will share just a TON of memories from those early days of the group, how they got their name, and many interesting stories. Of course, we'll be playing lots of early songs by The Guess Who. I know you will enjoy listening to this special encore of the show.

Happy Birthday wishes go out to Matt Meaney, my good friend in Langley, British Columbia, and to Warren Cosford in Windsor, Ontario. If you have a birthday coming up, I invite you to let me know so that I can wish you Happy Birthday on the show and play Birthday by The Beatles for you. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com.

This week at the Treasure Island Oldies Blog I am pleased to feature one of my all time favourite groups, The Moody Blues. They are amazing in concert, so here they are performing Question, the last song of their concert at Royal Albert Hall in London. It's our Song of the Week. Enjoy!

Next week on the show Voice Your Choice presents the Rock & Roll poet, Chuck Berry. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Johnny B Goode or Maybelline. I'll play the winning song in the 3rd hour of next week's show.

Here's the Rock And Roll News for the week of August 11th




Listen to the Top 5 Countdown from 1959



See you next week. 
Bye for now. 

Michael