Monday, August 17, 2015

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of August 16th, 2015

August 16th, 2015 to August 22nd, 2015
Wow what a great trip around the world via Planes, train and Automobiles this week on Treasure Island Oldies! I did some checking and found out that the last time I had this theme on the show was way back in 1999. It seems to have been worth the wait as I had a ton of requests from listeners. In fact, I had so many that I have to include the last of the requests in next week's show. I love hearing from you with your calls and emails, thanks very much.

Be sure to enter the Treasure Island Oldies 18th Anniversary Contest today and your name could be drawn and announced on the show August 30th. Click the 18th Anniversary Contest logo for more information.

A quick reminder for your calendar. The next special will happen Sunday, August 31th for the Annual End of Summer, Back To School, Labour Day Special. If there's a work song, summer tune or a school themed hit you'd like to hear, be sure to let me know in plenty of time. Click on the Requests button or call the Listener Line to record your request message at 206-339-0709.

My best wishes go out this week to a newborn, Mary Elizabeth Meaney and the proud grandparents are Matt Meaney and Fay Greenwood, good friends and loyal listeners in Langley, British Columbia. Not only are they both elated with the news but they too are both celebrating birthdays this week. Happy Birthday Mary Elizabeth, Matt and Fay! If your birthday is coming up soon, please let me know so that the listeners and I can celebrate your special day. I'll wish you a very Happy Birthday on the show and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com 

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is paying tribute to the late Cilla Black with a great hit of hers produced by the Beatles producer, George Martin. It's Cilla Black and You're My World. It's our Song of the Week. R.I.P. Cilla Black.

Voice Your Choice presents Guy Mitchell, one of the top male singers of the 1950s. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Knee Deep In The Blues or Rock A Billy. I'll play the winner during next week's show.

Be sure to listen to this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast for the week of August 16th. Click the Podcast link on the left.  

And check out this week's Top 5 Countdown from 1967. Just click the Top 5 Countdown Link.  

Take care and see you next week.

Bye for now.
Michael