Monday, January 25, 2016

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of January 24th, 2016

January 24th to January 30th, 2016

This week on Treasure Island Oldies I paid tribute to the founding member of The Eagles, Glenn Frey who passed away January 18th as a result of complications from Rheumatoid Arthritis, Acute Ulcerative Colitis and Pneumonia. Man this has been a terrible start to the New Year so far with the loss of such great talent. Thank you for your requests, specifically for songs by Glenn as a solo artist or as songs he sang the lead vocal on with The Eagles. Speaking of tributes, be sure to listen next week for the annual salute to the music of Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and The Big Bopper. The entire fourth hour of the show you'll hear interviews and new clips along with lots of great music in recognition of The Day The Music Died.

I'd like to extend my thanks and appreciation to our webmaster, Eddy Fisher, for working so diligently to get the backbone of the website up and running again, and retrieving complete control of the website. I'm so glad it is fully functional again.

I’d like to wish Fred Waterer in Ste. Catharines, Ontario, and Wendy McDougall in Newton, South Australia a very Happy Birthday this week. If you have a birthday coming up, please be sure to let me know so that I can celebrate your special day on the show. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I’ll wish you Happy Birthday on the air and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is also paying tribute to Glenn Frey. From a live concert performance by The Eagles, it's their first major hit, Take It Easy. It’s our Song of the week. R.I.P. Glenn Frey.

Voice Your Choice spotlights The Guess Who with their first hit and also their biggest. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Shakin' All Over or American Woman. I’ll play the winner on next week’s show.

Here’s this week’s Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Listen to the Top 5 Countdown from 1965.

Please remember to join me next week for the Annual Day the Music Died tribute in the 4th hour of the show.

Take care and have a good week.

Bye for now.

Michael