Monday, March 14, 2016

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of March 13th, 2016

March 13th to March 19th, 2016

I was 3 hours and thirty-eight minutes into this week's show, when during the Rock and Roll Reunion...POOF! - a power failure! The West Coast has been battered with heavy rain and wind storms on and off for the past several days. Unfortunately, the power remained out for nearly 2 hours, so the show was incomplete. As of this moment, I do not yet know if the archive of the show can be salvaged. As soon as I get more information, I'll provide an update for you. 

I'd like to thank you for your requests for the Name Game Special. I received both emails and calls to the Treasure Island Oldies Listener Line (206-339-0709). It's always great hearing from you and to play your requests. 

Happy Birthday wishes go out to Rick Canode in Madison, Wisconsin. Rick is a good friend, long time listener, and for many years, contributes a weekly feature on the show, Rick's Rare Rock & Roll Relic. All the best from yours truly and everyone at Treasure Island Oldies. If your birthday is coming up, please be sure to let me know so that I can also celebrate your special day on the show. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I’ll wish you Happy Birthday during the show and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you. 

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing the Number One song from this week's Top 5 Countdown from 1958. It's Tequila by The Champs and it's our Song of the Week. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice spotlights Ronnie Dove. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either A Little Bit Of Heaven or One Kiss For Old Times' Sake. I’ll play the winner on next week’s show. 

Here’s this week’s Rock and Roll News Podcast

Listen to the Top 5 Countdown from 1958

Take care and have a good week and I'll be sure to give you an update on the status of this week's show archive. 

Bye for now.
Michael