Monday, October 24, 2016

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of October 23rd

Week of October 23rd - 29th, 2016
To start this week's Island Update, I'd like to thank the over 130 friends, listeners, family and colleagues who took the time to wish me Happy Birthday. I sure appreciate it. It was also cool to hear from several recording artists including Mel Carter (Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me), Paul Peterson (My Dad), Keith Hampshire (First Cut Is The Deepest),  and Larry Chance of The Earls (Remember Then). It's pretty overwhelming to get so many birthday wishes. THANK YOU!

Be sure to join me next week for the 20th annual Halloween Spooktacular. We'll be live from the crypt next Sunday, October 30th  beginning at 6 pm Pacific, 9 pm Eastern time. Aaaaaoooooooooooooooooo!

Speaking of birthdays, it is my pleasure to wish California Barb a very Happy Birthday this week. Barb is a long time listener and a massive music fan; and she sure knows her music too. Happy Birthday, Barb.  If your birthday's coming up, let me know so that I can help celebrate your special day on the show. I'll wish you Happy Birthday on the air and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you. All I need is the date of your birthday. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com.

I just heard that Bobby Vee has passed away. I will do an extensive tribute to his music in the show in two weeks.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing the Number One Song from the Treasure Island Oldies Top Five Countdown from 1961. It's Runaround Sue by Dion, and it's our Song of the Week. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice will return to the program in two weeks, as all the regular features are being pre-empted for next Week's Halloween Spooktacular. In the meantime, you can cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either (Down At) Papa Joe's or Southtown, U.S.A. I'll play the winner on Sunday, November 6th.

Here's this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

That's all for now. See you next week in the Crypt!

Have a great week.

Bye for now.
Michael