Monday, October 02, 2017

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of October 1st, 2017

Week of October 1st, 2017 to October 7th, 2017

Well, that was another fun fours hours of playing some of your favourite music. One thing I really like about the Chat Room is the immediate feedback from one of the Nuts in the Hut when I play a song that someone hasn't heard in a long time. It starts a very interesting thread of conversation among those in the chat room. And I also get emails sent to me, some during the live show, and others when it has aired during the week on one of our Broadcast Partners Network affiliate stations. It's great to get your comments. And I also really enjoy playing some Lost Treasures for you, not obscure songs, but rather songs that did appear on the Billboard Hot 100, but rarely ever get played anymore. It seems most oldies stations don't play anything beyond the top 10 or 20. What nonsense! I like to give my listeners credit for having a brain and a memory to recall a song they may have heard a lot when it was first released, but rarely ever hear anymore. That's why Treasure Island Oldies is the Home of Lost Treasures. Keep listening and continue getting in touch with me.

This is a reminder that next week is Thanksgiving in Canada and we'll be celebrating with our annual Canadian Thanksgiving Special, Live, Sunday, October 8th and all throughout the week on our Affiliate Stations. Please check the Broadcast Partners Network page for days and times for the re-broadcast of the show.

Do you have a birthday coming up soon? I'd like to know so that I can help celebrate your special day by wishing you Happy Birthday on the show and also by playing Birthday by The Beatles for you. Send the info to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com 

This week's Top Five Countdown is from 1965. And the Number One song is Hand On Sloopy by The McCoys. It's playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Blog. Enjoy!

Next week on Treasure Island Oldies, Voice Your Choice spotlights the cool R&B group, The Jive Five, featuring Eugene Pitt on lead vocals. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either I'm A Happy Man or My True Story. I'll play the winning song on next week's show.

Here's this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Thanks again for listening to the show. See you next week right here on The Island for or Canadian Thanksgiving Special!

Bye for now.
Michael