Monday, January 28, 2019

Island Update - Treasure Island Oldies Week of January 27, 2019

January 27th to February 2nd, 2019

Well it's the last week of January already! I can't believe how fast the time flies by. And I sure appreciate the time you take to listen to my show every week. It's quite a community we've built together over these past twenty-one plus years. And that community consists of listeners around the world who get in touch with me to either comment about how much they enjoy the show or to make a request for a song they'd like to hear. And I hear from you via email, Facebook postings and messages, and in the Chat Room. It's just great!

I wanted to let you know that next week on the show, I'll present my annual Tribute to The Day The Music Died. This year marks the 60th Anniversary of the passing of Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and The Big Bopper in that horrific plane crash. During the entire 4th hour, Ill play some of the great music they recorded, along with tribute songs, news clips and interviews. That's all coming next week.
 
Happy Birthday wishes this week go out to Bill Myers in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. He's become a regular listener and Chat Room visitor. He's also a good musician; I've heard some of his songs he has produced. I'd like to help celebrate your birthday too by wishing you Happy Birthday on the air and playing Birthday by The Beatles for you. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com 

Voice Your Choice spotlights The Castells, Adult Contemporary music favourites. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Sacred or So This Is Love.  I'll play the winner on next week's show.

This week the Top Five Countdown is from 1961, this week's Spotlight Year. The Number One song is by one of the earliest Girl Groups, The Shirelles. Will You Love Me Tomorrow is playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Blog.

Here is this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

See you next week for the annual tribute to The Day The Music Died.

Bye for now.
Michael