Monday, May 06, 2019

22nd Anniversary Treasure Island Oldies Update

May 5th to 11th, 2019

I was so pleased to celebrate the 22nd Anniversary of Treasure Island Oldies with you! I am always amazed that I started the show on May 4, 1997 and that it has continued for 22 years, so far. I just did a quick calculation, it I think that there have been 1,200 shows to date, with 50 shows every year. I would like to salute the many listeners who have been there since the very early days of the show. I very much appreciate you listening for these many years. And to recent listeners, welcome and I am sure you will become a regular. I'd also like to say a big hello to the Chat Room regulars, the Nuts in the Hut. They greatly add to my and their enjoyment of the show every week with some wonderful interaction and conversation throughout the four hours; and all with a great sense of humour. If you've never tried a chat room, I invite you to join me and many listeners every Sunday evening. Just click the Chat button and decide if you want to use the web based c hat or mIRC and follow the easy instructions.

It's also a great pleasure for me to bring the show to you on many FM, AM and Online radio stations around the world on the Broadcast Partners Network. I really enjoy hearing from the many listeners who enjoy the show on their local station. It truly confirms the coverage Treasure Island Oldies has around the world. And I am excited to announce another new station to the Broadcast Partners Network. As of this week, I welcome 920 WON The Apple in Brooklyn, New York. You can listen to the show Thursdays at 11:58 pm Eastern.

I'd like to thank Hugh Dobbie Jr. and his Yare Media team for providing the live stream every week. Stay tuned for new developments in the coming months. 

And last but definitely not least, I'd like to thank my Webmaster and partner, Eddy Fisher, for his hard and very creative work on the website. He not only creates the great show video promos for upcoming specials, but he works tirelessly behind the scene to maintain and update the website every week. His latest handiwork is for next week's annual Mother's Day Special. Thank you Eddy!

I'd like to wish Marc Baillergeon on Montreal, Quebec a very Happy Birthday. Is your birthday coming up soon? I'd like to help celebrate your special day on the show. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'll wish you Happy Birthday on the air and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

Voice Your Choice spotlights Canada's Guess Who. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Laughing or These Eyes. I'll play the winner on next week's show.

This week the Top Five Countdown is from 1962, this week's Spotlight Year. The Number One is Soldier Boy by The Shirelles, and it's playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Blog.

Click here for this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Have a good week and be sure to listen to the Mother's Day Special next week.

Bye for now.
Michael