Monday, April 27, 2020

Island Update - Treasure Island Oldies Week of April 26th 2020

April 26th to May 2nd, 2020

PLEASE NOTE
:

Be sure to join me for the Live Daily Edition of Treasure Island Oldies, weekdays at 11 am Pacific, 1 pm Central, 2 pm Eastern, 3 pm Atlantic.
 

It's the final week of April. I sure hope you are doing ok at home and maintaining a safe distance from others. To help relieve some of the boredom and endless news stories about Covid 19, I'm pleased to be able to continue to bring you the weekly and daily one hour shows, directly from my home based radio studio. The Daily Edition is being simulcast on 7 radio stations in Canada and the United States, with one of them airing the daily show at 2 pm Pacific. That same station, Bud Bay's KYA 101.9 FM in Olympia, Washington, is also replaying the five daily shows back to back on Sunday mornings. On top of that, the weekly four hour airs over 20 times during the week on the Affiliate Stations of the Broadcast Partners Network. WOW! I'm fortunate to have, WTND-LP in Macomb, Illinois, acting as the hub for most of the US radio stations doing the daily simulcast, as they are providing their feed to the other affiliate stations. This is absolutely amazing, thank you all very much.

I am also appreciating you taking the time to get in touch with me. It is very rewarding to read how much you are enjoying the show, especially during these days of isolation. I'll be continuing the Daily Edition of the show for as long as necessary. If you'd like to get in touch with me, just send a note to michael@TreasureIslandOldies.com.

Now that we are nearing the end of April, I am excited to invite you the the 23rd Anniversary of Treasure Island Oldies. It's this coming Sunday, May 3rd and we'll start the party at 6 pm Pacific, 9 pm Eastern. Please join me for this milestone event in radio, traditional and online.

I was pleased to play a brand new song by one of our heritage artists, the Rolling Stones. The song is Ghost In A Ghost Town, with lyrics inspired by the current pandemic. It sure sounded good to my ears. What did you think? Let me know.

If your birthday is coming up soon, I'd like to help you celebrate your birthday with all the show's listeners. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'll wish you Happy Birthday on the air and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

Next week on Treasure Island Oldies, Voice Your Choice spotlights R&B Rock group from Detroit, The Flaming Ember. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either I'm Not My Brother's Keeper or Mind, Body And Soul. I'll play the winner on next week's23rd Anniversary show.

The Top Five Countdown this week is from 1966. And the number one song is by the Young Rascals. Good Lovin' is playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Blog.

Click here for this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Don't forget to listen to the Daily Show at 11 am Pacific , 2 pm Eastern and the four hour show Live next Sunday for the 23rd Anniversary celebration.

Take care, stay safe and stay well!

Bye for now.
Michael