Monday, November 28, 2011

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies


November 27th, 2001 to December 3rd, 2011

What a nice way to help get the Holiday Season underway together; playing some of those great Christmas and Holiday Classics. Over the next couple of weeks leading up to our 15th Annual Christmas Treasure Island Oldies Special on December 18th, I'll be playing lots more of great Christmas music on the show. After all, It's Christmas @ Treasure Island Oldies.com If you'd like to make your Christmas Requests, please let me know by clicking Requests on any page of the website. In addition, I welcome your Holiday Dedications to the special person in your life. Let me know who you'd like me to give a shout out to with the Merriest of Christmas Wishes. Send your note to christmas@treasureislandoldies.com. I'll read your good wishes on the show. Please note that for the Christmas Special ONLY, I do not take any requests as I work really hard to prepare my annual Christmas gift to you: the Greatest Christmas Music of All Time.

Legendary DJ, Charlie Tuna, became a friend this week on Facebook, I'm pleased to tell you. I was glad to also connect with Paul Peterson, who co-starred with Shelley Fabares on the Donna Reed Show. Paul also had several hits, including the timeless My Dad. I've also become friends with DooWop Oldies. I invite you to follow me on Facebook and like mypage. One thing I wanted to mention to you. Today it seems that several friends on Facebook received a request to become friends. If we are already friends and you receive an invitation to become friends with me, just ignore it. Sorry for any inconvenience.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is getting you in the mood for Christmas with a great holiday favourite of the Treasure Island Oldies Chat Room. The Nuts in the Hut really like this great Christmas novelty tune by Paul Evans. Santa's Stuck Up In The Chimney is our Christmas Song of the Week. Enjoy!

Oh boy, we've got der Bingo, Bing Crosby for you this week on Voice Your Choice with two Christmas classics: It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas and Jingle Bells are the two songs vying for your votes. Make your selection at the Voice Your Choice page and we'll play the winning song (although both really are winners, aren't they) in the 3rd hour of next Week's Show.

Happy Birthday wishes go out to long time listener, Lennart Persson  in Gothenburg, Sweden. If you've got a birthday coming up, send the details to me at birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com . I'll wish you Happy Birthday on the show and play our official birthday song for you by The Beatles, Birthday.

Show your support for Treasure Island Oldies with your own Email Signature. A selection of complimentary signatures to be placed at the end of your outgoing emails is available for download. Click Goodies on the upper Menu on any page on the website. Thanks to the many folks that have downloaded their own copy of the Email Signature. That's great!

As the Holiday Season is now here, I'm going to keep the next few weekly updates a bit shorter. I have less time to write and you, my friend, have less time to read!! I hope you have a great week and see you next Sunday for the live show.

Bye for now.

Michael