Monday, March 05, 2012

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies

March 5th, 2012, to March 10th, 2012

Thank you for your many requests for songs by The Monkees, in tribute to Davy Jones who died this past week. To me the best way top pay tribute to an artist is to play the music they are loved for the world over. That's why I very much enjoyed playing so many of their songs. Hearing many, for the first time in too many years to mention, was just fantastic. Look Out Here Comes Tomorrow, I Wanna Be Free, and Shades Of Grey sounded so good all over again!

Speaking of The Monkees, the Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing one of my favourites: Look Out Here Comes Tomorrow. It's a great clip from their TV show and our Song of the Week. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice presents the daughter of the "Chairman of the Board". Nancy Sinatra had many hits and this week we give you two of them for your votes: How Does That Grab You Darlin' and These Boots Are Made For Walking. Cast your vote forthe song you'd like to hear at the Voice Your Choice page.

Happy Birthday wishes go out this week to singer/songwriter and recording artist, Paul Evans in New York City, Russ Horton from D-Moos.com in Georgetown, Ontario, and long time listener and one of the Nuts in the Hut in the Chat Room, Roy Geldart in Campbell River, British Columbia. If you have a birthday coming up, be sure to let me know by sending the details of your special day to birthdays@treasureislandoldiess.com. I'll be pleased to wish you Happy Birthday on the show and play Birthday by The Beatles.

Some listeners were having some problems getting through on the Treasure Island Oldies Listener Line. For some reason, my message disappeared and there was no greeting from me to you. It's all been fixed and working fine once again. Give me a call with your requests 24/7 at 206-339-0709.

Mark your calendars for our next special in two weeks. It's our annual Name Game Special the week of March 18th. Every song will have someone's name in the title. This is always a popular theme and I look forward to bringing this year's version to you.

Please note that due to my very busy schedule over the next couple of weeks, there may not be time for an update next week. I'll have to see how it goes. If not, see you in two weeks for the Name Game Special.

Have a good week.

Bye for now.
Michael