Monday, January 06, 2014

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies - Week Of January 5th, 2014

January 5th, 2014 to January 11th, 2014

Welcome to 2014 and the first show of the year, our Annual New Year Dance Party. In case you missed the Live show, be sure to listen to the Archive. It was great hearing from listeners via the Listener Line at 206-339-0709 as well as via email. I love the holidays, Christmas in particular, and New Year’s, but in a way it’s good and satisfying getting back into our regular routines once again. I look forward to a great year with you sharing the amazing music that shaped our lives and memories.

On a sad note, I was surprised and sad when the news hit of the passing of Phil Everly of the Everly Brothers. What an influence on pop, rock & roll, folk and country music they had. I was honoured to pay tribute to Phil by playing some of their all-time classic songs and I thank you for your contributions with song suggestions. Unfortunately time doesn’t permit to play every song requested, but I do my best.

I’d like to say Happy Birthday and extend best wishes to Shirley Ham in Cincinnati, Ohio. She’d a frequent visitor to the Chat Room and one of the Nuts in the Hut. If you have a birthday coming up in the near future, be sure to let me know by sending the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I look forward to wishing you Happy Birthday on the show and to playing Birthday by The Beatles for you.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is paying tribute to Phil Everly with a live TV performance of the Everly Brothers singing All I Have To Do Is Dream and Cathy’s Clown. They sure were no studio concoction; they played and sang LIVE. Phil Everly R.I.P.

Voice Your Choice returns with Gene McDaniels. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either A Hundred Pounds Of Clay or Tower Of Strength. I’ll play the winner in the 3rd hour of next week’s show.

Here’s the Rock And Roll News for the week of January 5th.



Listen to the Top 5 Countdown from 1958.


http://www.tioradio.com/multimedia/top_5.ram


Hope you have a good week and a great start to the New Year.

Bye for now.

Michael