Monday, January 13, 2014

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies - Week of January 12th, 2014





January 12th, 2014 to January 18th, 2014

It was sure fun to be back with you again this week for four hours of great music and memories. And thanks for the songs you requested; it was great to include them in the song selections on the show. I enjoyed hearing from Cora Quinn in Peoria, Illinois who asked me to play Topsy Part 2 by Cozy Cole for her friend Alice Bledsoe, who also lives in Peoria. The funny thing is that Cora really does NOT even like Topsy, but knowing how much Alice does, Cora asked me to play it for Alice. Now that’s what I call a friend!

Happy Birthday wishes go out to long time listener, Judy Covington in Canton, Ohio, and to Alice Bloedsoe in Peoria, Illinois. I’d love to wish you Happy Birthday on the show as well. Be sure to send the details to me via email: birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. Not only will I send best wishes your way, I’ll also play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

Speaking of The Beatles, it’s hard to believe that it will be 50 years ago they appeared for the first time on the Ed Sullivan Show on TV. When the date approaches, I’ll play back that historic appearance on the show. I must say, it seems like yesterday in a way, but it is really a lifetime ago now. Unbelievable!

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing Johnny Tillotson with Talk Back Trembling Lips. It’s our Song of the Week. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice presents my good friend Paul Evans with two of his hits for your votes. Come to the Voice Your Choice page and cast your vote for either Midnight Special or Happy Go Lucky Me. I’ll play the winning song on next week’s show in the 3rd hour.

Here’s the Rock and Roll News for the week of January 12th.



Listen to the Top 5 Countdown from 1963.

http://www.tioradio.com/multimedia/top_5.ram


Have a great week and see you next Sunday on Treasure Island Oldies for the Live show.

Bye for now.
Michael