Monday, May 05, 2014

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of May 4th, 2014


May 4th, 2014 to May 10th, 2014

Thank you for a great celebration together for the 17th Anniversary of Treasure Island Oldies. It was great to hear from you via email as well as the Treasure Island Oldies Listener Line. It is fantastic having so many listeners and friends all around the world. When I started the show on May 4, 1997, I never had any idea of not only how long the show would continue but how it would grow. I’m very proud of the number of radio stations that are part of the Broadcast Partners Network: AM, FM, and Online all over the world that air the show on their own stations. So I thank you very much. I look forward to bringing you some of the best music every week for years to come! If you did not hear the Live show, be sure to listen to the Archive at the Listen page.

I was also nicely surprised by long time listener California Barb. She called and gave me a recipe for Treasure Island Chicken. I played back her phone call with the recipe, but thought I would give it to here to have for yourself.

Treasure Island Chicken
4 whole chicken breasts
½ stick butter or margarine
3 Tablespoons flour
3 Tablespoons sugar
½ Teaspoon salt (optional)
½ Teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 Teaspoon ginger
1 ½ Cups orange juice

Put the chicken skin side up in a greased shallow baking dish. Brush with melted butter. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, melt ½ stick butter, combine flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and ginger in a small bowl. Mix and add to the butter, stirring constantly. Then add the orange juice. Cook slowly until mixture is thick and smooth. Pour over the chicken and bake for 40 minutes longer. Makes 4 servings.

Mmmm, sounds good! No wonder I played Hungry by Paul Revere And The Raiders right after her phone call. Thanks very much, Barb, and I will let you all know how delicious it is. I intend to make this Treasure Island Chicken!

Be sure to listen to next week’s show for our Annual Mother’s Day Special, Live, Sunday, May 11 and later on the Archive at the Listen page. I’ll be playing all kinds of great songs perfectly fitting for Mother’s Day and I look forward to you joining me for our salute to Mom.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing an often requested song. In celebration of our 17th Anniversary, here is Charlie Dore and Pilot Of The Airwaves. It’s our Song Of The Week. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice presents the biggest export from Sweden. No not the Volvo! It’s Abba. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Does Your Mother Know or Mama Mia. I’ll play the winner on next week’s Mother’s Day Special on the show.

Here’s the Rock And Roll News for the week of May 4th.




Listen to the Top 5 Countdown from 1965.


http://www.tioradio.com/multimedia/top_5.ram


Thanks again for all your wonderful good wishes on the 17th Anniversary of Treasure Island Oldies.

Have a great week and see you next Sunday for the Live show and our Mother’s Day Special.

Bye for now.

Michael