Monday, November 28, 2016

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of November 27th, 2016

Week of November 27th - December 3rd, 2016

I hope my American listeners and friends enjoyed the long Thanksgiving weekend. It was great to be with you again this week and what a treat to start the holiday music on this week's show. Next week there will be a lot more and the following week, December 11th, will be filled with great seasonal music for your enjoyment. Also, please mark you calendar for Sunday, December 18th when it will be the 20th Annual Treasure Island Oldies Christmas Special. And I am particularly excited to let you know that this year's Christmas Special will be archived and available for listening on demand all throughout the Christmas holidays! I am very aware of your requests to make the archived show available on demand, and I am working on it; and the Christmas Special will be a great start.

I also invite you to come to the Treasure Island Oldies Christmas Village. The decorations you'll see are all from my childhood growing up and I still have them today. The white tree is actually a revolving tree that turns with the heat of the light bulb under the shade, no moto whatsoever. And the wonderful Santa face is also from my childhood. One year my Mom bought the Santa face for me and my sister wanted a Frosty The Snowman decoration with a bubble light. Such wonderful decorations filled with wonderful memories. I hope you enjoy the Christmas Village and my thanks to my webmaster Eddy Fisher for doing such a great job of decorating once again this year.

I was very pleased to hear from a listener in Germany. Hand Godschan, who lives in Cottbus, sent a note saying he heard the show via shortwave on the 3975 kHz frequency. That's IBC, the Italian Broadcasting Corporation, that airs the show weekly. He even provided details of the music he heard. Very cool! I sure enjoy hearing from listeners all around the world. If you'd like to get in touch with me, send your note to michael@treasureislandoldies.com.

My Generation Posters has a great new selection of items in stock just in time for the Holidays. Visit their website and check out what's just arrived.You can be the first to know about new products and specials before you even hear it on the show by signing up for their newsletter. Just go to www.mygenerationshop.com. They are great show sponsors and your support of them is much appreciated.

It's my pleasure to wish long time listener Lennart Persson in Gothenberg, Sweden a very Happy Birthday. He's been listening to the show via Radio 88 in Gothenberg for many years and is frequently in touch. If your birthday's coming up, let me know so that I can help celebrate your special day on the show. I'll wish you Happy Birthday on the air and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you. All I need is the date of your birthday. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com.

Voice Your Choice spotlights two very talented guys from the British Invasion period of the '60s. Peter and Gordon had many hits and we spotlight two of them for you. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either A World Without Love or Woman. I'll play the winner next Sunday.

Here's the Rock and Roll News Podcast for this week.

That's a wrap for this week. Take care and hope you can join me again next Sunday for the live show.

Bye for now.

Michael