Monday, January 23, 2017

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of January 23rd to 28th, 2017

Week of January 22nd, 2017 to January 28th, 2017

I need to start off this week's update by letting you know that the Chat Room has completely stopped working. I have no idea what has caused this situation; all I know is that it is no longer working. My webmaster, Eddy Fisher is searching for a replacement and we hope to have a new one in place by next week's show. Chat rooms do not seem as plentiful as they used to be and have become harder to find. Perhaps more people are chatting via text messages or Twitter; who knows. I will keep you informed of any updates as soon as they become available. In the meantime, my appreciation and thanks go out to long time listener Guylaine Côté in Quebec City. She has her own chat room and kindly offered the use of hers until the Treasure Island Oldies Chat Room is back up and working. Merci beaucoup, Guylaine!

Happy Birthday wishes go out to Fred Waterer in Ste. Catharines, Ontario, and to Wendy McDougall in Newton, South Australia. I inadvertently said Glenelg, South Australia, on the show. Oops! And if your birthday is coming up soon, please let me know the date so that I can help you celebrate your special day on the air. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com and I'll play Birthday by The Beatles, our official birthday anthem.

The Top Five Countdown this week is from 1965 and at the Number One song is Downtown by Petula Clark. It's playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Blog. Enjoy!

Next week on Treasure Island Oldies, Voice Your Choice presents Marty Robbins with two of his hits. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either In Ruby Ann or Don't Worry (Like All The Other Times). I'll play the winner on next week's show.

Here's this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Have a great week and see you this coming Sunday for the next Live show.

Take good care and all the best.

Michael