Monday, January 08, 2018

Gene Pitney Voice Your Choice

Gene Pitney has been recognized as having one of the most distinctive male voices of the 1960s. I became a fan of his when I first heard his debut 45, (I Wanna) Love My Life Away back in 1961.

Oddly enough, I don't recall ever seeing him on the Ed Sullivan Show; additionally, I don't remember ever hearing about him putting on a concert in Montreal. And just about everybody came and performed in Montreal.

Sadly, he died April 5th, 2006 at the age of 66. We are fortunate that he did leave us with a legacy of great recordings and the odd TV appearances that were captured on film or videotape.

Treasure Island Oldies is pleased to p[resent Gene Pitney in the Voice Your Choice spotlight. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Last Chance To Turn Around or Looking Through The Eyes Of Love. I'll play the winning song on next week's show.