Monday, November 11, 2019

Island Update - Treasure Island Oldies Week of November 10, 2019

November 10th to 16th, 2019


It was an honour to pay tribute to the many thousands of veterans and soldiers, many of whom perished while they were at war defending our country. I played George Harrison's  Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth), Peace Train by Cat Stevens, Coming Home Soldier by Bobby Vinton, the stunning Soldier by Shawn Hlookoff, along with Peace Brother Peace by Bill Medley from The Righteous Brothers, People Want Peace by Paul McCartney, and closed with Give Peace A Chance by John Lennon. I appreciate the immediate feedback I received.

Also this week, the Spotlight Year was 1969, including the Top Five Countdown. For the complete list of all the great songs I played throughout the show, go to the Listen page and scroll down to the Playlist.

It's my pleasure to send out warm birthday wishes this week to long time listeners, Christ Whitmer in Iowa City, Iowa, and to Connie Canode in Madison Wisconsin. All the best Connie and Chris! Is your birthday coming up soon? If it is, I'd like to help you celebrate it on the show. Send the month and date to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'll wish you Happy Birthday on the air and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

Next week on Treasure Island Oldies, Voice Your Choice presents Tommy James and The Shondells. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Draggin' The Line or Do Something To Me. I'll play the winner next week.

The Top Five Countdown this week is from 1969. Sitting at the top of the chart at Number One is The Fifth Dimension. Wedding Bell Blues is playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Blog.

Click here for this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Join me again next week. I love the company.

Bye for now.
Michael