Monday, November 18, 2019

The Island Update week of November 17th

November 17th to 23rd, 2019
 
I sure had a good time with you on The Island again this week. The Spotlight Year was 1965, including the Top Five Countdown. So much great music has been released over the decades, but it seems that a lot of the the '60s music endures today. I can't think of any other time than currently that I am hearing lots of TV commercials using songs from the the '60s. A couple of examples for you...I'm Free by The Rollings Stones, I Don't Know Why I Love You (But I Do) by Clarence "Frogman" Henry,. and a lot more. With the almost elimination of music from the '50s, '60s, and '70s from radio station playlists, I guess the easiest way to hear some great oldies is to turn on the television. There is an exception however; you just have to listen to Treasure Island Oldies to hear the music you love. After more than 22 years, we are still going strong!

Happy Birthday wishes go out this week to Marty Leiter in Naperville, Illinois. All the best to you Marty. Is your birthday coming up soon? If it is, I'd like to help you celebrate it on the show. Send the month and date to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'll wish you Happy Birthday on the air and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

Next week on Treasure Island Oldies, Voice Your Choice presents the Pre-Fab Four, better known as The Monkees. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either(I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone or A Little Bit Me A Little Bit You. I'll play the winner next week.

The Top Five Countdown this week is from 1965. The Supremes were in full swing and enjoying major success with hit after hit. This week they hold down the Number One spot with I Hear A Symphony, and it's playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Blog.

Listen here for this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

See you next week on The Island!

Bye for now.
Michael