Monday, January 06, 2020

Where To Hear Oldies - Surprisingly!

Other than Treasure Island Oldies, where is the best place to hear some of your favourite oldies music? On TV! Yes, on your television.

Over the holidays I did a fair amount of watching TV and I was floored by the number of oldies that are being used as the soundtrack for various commercials.

Check this out; it's just a partial list of national and regional advertisers, in no particular order, all using the music we grew up with and still love today.

Sunshine Lollipops And Rainbows (Leslie Gore) - Lyft
Tweedle Dee (LaVern Baker) - McDonalds
Love Is All Around (The Troggs) - Canadian Tire
Don't Worry Baby (The Beach Boys) - BCAA
I Don't Know Why I Love You (But I Do) (Clarence "Frogman" Henry) - Expedia
Splish Splash (Bobby Darin) - Jeep Gladiator
Ain't No Mountain High Enough (Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell) - BC Children's Hospital
Everybody Needs Somebody To Love (Wilson Pickett) - Amazon
Boom Boom (The Animals) - Ford F150
Ready Or Not Here I Come (The Delfonics) - Pelloton
I Got You Babe (Sonny & Cher) - Etsy
Always Something There To Remind Me (Sandi Shaw, Dionne Warwick, Naked Eyes, and others) - McCains French Fries
Just What I needed (The Cars) - TD Bank
Brandy (You're A Fine Girl) (The Looking Glass) - Ford
From Me To You (The Beatles) - Visa Debit Card

And there's more! The cool thing is you can hear all these songs and plenty more WITHOUT commercials every week on Treasure Island Oldies.

P.S. I may have watched too much TV over the holidays. LOL
Michael