Monday, May 04, 2020

Island Update 23rd Anniversary Edition Treasure Island Oldies

May 3rd to 9th, 2020

PLEASE NOTE:

Be sure to join me for the Live Daily Edition of Treasure Island Oldies, weekdays at 11 am Pacific, 1 pm Central, 2 pm Eastern, 3 pm Atlantic.

The Irish Rovers had a great song that is so appropriate for the 23rd Anniversary celebration of Treasure Island Oldies. Wasn't That A Party! And what a great time I had with you. Thank you for your phone call greetings, emails, chat room talk, and facebook messages. And I heard from you in far flung places including right across Canada and the United States, England, Brazil, Sweden, Norway, Turkey, among the many countries. It is hard to fathom at times that I have been doing this show for 23 completed years as of this week. I never imagined when I started the show back in 1997, that I will still be talking to you and playing great music for you to enjoy after 23 years. Amazing! And thank you so very much for your support and enjoyment of the show for all these years.

I'd like to wish my good friends, long time listeners, first monthly subscription supporters, and just good people, Rick and Connie Canode in Madison, Wisconsin a very Happy 33rd Anniversary. Didn't want to miss sending them good wishes.

Next week on Treasure Island Oldies, it's the annual Mother's Day Special. Be sure to listen for songs for and about moms. Join me for this annual tribute.

I'd like to wish Happy Birthday to Marc Baillargeron-Molloy in Montreal, Quebec. Due to covid 19 conditions in Montreal, Marc and his wife Sandy are not able to be together in the same place. Thinking of you and Sandy; and you in particular, Marc, as it's your birthday. I am so pleased that the daily and weekly shows are keeping you company. All the best to you. I'd also like to wish Eddy Fisher, my Webmaster and husband a very Happy Birthday. And if your birthday is coming up soon, I'd like to help you celebrate your birthday with all the show's listeners. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'll wish you Happy Birthday on the air and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

Next week on Treasure Island Oldies, Voice Your Choice spotlights Chicago's classic  R&B  group, The Flamingos. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Lovers Never Say Goodbye or I Only Have Eyes For You. I'll play the winner on next week's Mother's Day Special show.

The Top Five Countdown this week is from 1965. And the number one song is by a group from Manchester, England who became more popular in North America than in their own country, Herman's Hermits. Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter is playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Blog.

Click here for this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Don't forget to listen to the Daily Show at 11 am Pacific , 2 pm Eastern. I'm currently exploring your 45 collections and playing both the A and B sides. It's good fun and lots of memories playing those B sides. And join me Live next Sunday for the Mother's Day Special.

Take care, stay safe and stay well!

Bye for now.
Michael


-->