Monday, May 25, 2020

Island Update - This Week on Treasure Island Oldies Week of May 24, 2020

May 24th to 30th, 2020
Be sure to join me for the Live Daily Edition of Treasure Island Oldies, weekdays at 11 am Pacific, 1 pm Central, 2 pm Eastern, 3 pm Atlantic.

It's so interesting with doing my show six days a week, the days seems to blend together. LOL Thanks for joining me for the Weekend Edition of Treasure Island Oldies. I am frequently asked about archives of the shows. While this no Island Vault at this time, you can still hear the current week's show over twenty times if that would be your kind of fun. LMAO :-) Seriously, just go to the Broadcast Partners Network page to find the days and times when the show will air on our Affiliate Stations. Incidentally, if you're available to hear the live show Sunday evenings and you have a smart device, just say "Play WTND LP" or "Play Oldies Funhouse Radio". You'll hear the live simulcast on these stations. Gotta love technology, especially when it works!!

This coming week on the Daily Edition of the show, we'll hear the stars themselves, talking about their hits and careers. These are rare clips indeed, as the majority are from interviews my good friend, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Pioneer DJ, Red Robinson shared with me from his personal collection of interviews he did with the stars of the day. And I'll play songs they mention or are closely associated with their fame. That's Monday and Tuesday this week. On Wednesday, I'll take a nostalgic look back at the 23 years of Treasure Island Oldies. I'll dig deep and far back into the many Requests I've had. It's All Request Wednesday. I'll figure out Thursday and Friday as it happens. LOL

I have received many comments from you regarding the cool show promos that play on the Home page. Thank You. It's nice being able to see the upcoming specials. And I've passed on your kind words to Eddy Fisher, webmaster extraordinaire! He appreciates it very much.

Happy Birthday wishes go out this week to Darrell Darnell in Jacksonville, Illinois. If your birthday is coming up soon, I'd like to help you celebrate your birthday with all the show's listeners. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'll wish you Happy Birthday on the air and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

Next week on Treasure Island Oldies, Voice Your Choice spotlights those Jersey Boys, The Four Seasons. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Big Man In Town or Bye Bye Baby (Baby Goodbye). I'll play the winner on next week's show.

The Top Five Countdown this week is from 1969, and The Beatles hold down the Number One spot on the charts. Get Back is playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Blog.

Click here for this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Don't forget to join me for the Daily Show.

Take care, stay safe and stay well!

Bye for now.
Michael