Monday, November 20, 2006

Rock And Roll Heaven - Updated

A music industry colleague of mine, Artie Wayne, is very successful songwriter and music publisher. You should have a look at his bio for the fascinating background on his career.

On August 20th of this year, Artie posted this message at his Blog. "In 1971, When I was general professional manager of Warner Brothers music, the late Johnny Stevenson played me a song he just recorded, “Rock and Roll Heaven’. I thought the chorus was a smash, but didn’t care for anything else! I suggested that he collaborate with Alan O’Day (”Undercover Angel”, “Angie Baby”) and turn it into a tribute to Rock Stars who have passed away.

In 1974 the Righteous Brothers recorded it and took it to number one! Since then we’ve lost so many more of our heros that it was time for an update of the lyric. Alan O’Day worked on it for months, then he went to Nashville and made a demo with Ronny Kimball. I e-mailed a copy of the demo to my friend, director and producer, Sebastian Prooth for an opinion. This morning he surprised us with this brilliant video he made!"

Here is this fantastic video! Thanks very much to Artie for this.
Michael