Wednesday, March 25, 2009

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies

March 22nd, 2009 to March 28th, 2009

I am so pleased with your responses to our 50 Plus Special, thank you. What a treat to hear some great Lost Treasures that amazingly enough did not get past the Number 50 spot on the Hot 100 Billboard charts. One listeners commented it was fun, educational and entertaining to hear so many great songs from the lower half of the Top 100 chart. Thanks for your requests for this special too. Be sure not to miss it on the Archive; it will be available for the next three weeks.

A big hello to Enrique Ortega in Spain who sent a wonderful note to me in Spanish. Fortunately, I have not forgotten what I studied in college and was able to translate his message: "Greetings from Spain. I keep listening to my favorite oldies show, Treasure Island Oldies, with the best music this 61 year old can remember. Thank you Michael and your team. Big hugs." Enrique I am so glad that you enjoy listening to the show. It's my great pleasure to help rekindle the memories every week.

A reminder to you. If you have a birthday coming up, be sure to let me know. Send your name, birth date, city, and province or state to birthday@treasureislandoldies.com I'll wish you Happy Birthday on the show.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog has a classic clip of The Everly Brothers performing live on the Alma Cogan TV show from 1961. They perform live two of their hits: All I Have To Do Is Dream and Cathy's Clown. I know you will enjoy this rare video clip.

Voice Your Choice spotlights the R&B keyboard player Dave "Baby" Cortez with his two Top Ten hits: The Happy Organ and Rinky Dink. Which song would you like to hear? Cast your vote by clicking the Voice Your Choice button on any page of the website and then make your selection. We'll play the winner in Hour 3 of next week's show.

Two more listeners have sent in their photos for the Listener Gallery. Hi to Shirley in Ohio and Renato & Clarice in Brazil. You can see their pictures; just click the Listener Gallery button. I welcome you to send in your photo as well. Send it along with your name, city, province/state and country to michael@treasureislandoldies.com

Would you like to have the Listener Map re-introduced to the website? Send your opinion to map@treasureislandoldies.com I'd like to hear from you with your opinion.

If you missed the live show, you can enjoy the 50 Plus Special Archive of March 22, 2009; just click the Listen button on the Menu. Be sure to check out the Playlist and see all the songs we played on the show.

Have a good week.

Michael