Monday, October 05, 2009

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies

October 4th to 10th, 2009

Our network insinc is still working on trying to resolve the down chat server issue and I hope to have word from them within a week. Once I know what's happening, I will pass it on to you. In the meantime, our temporary Chat Room courtesy of Bruce Toews and his Toews On The Waves radio show, was once again very busy. There were the regulars as it was great to welcome back Scott Harmon in Phenix City, Alabama, and also good to welcome Joey in the Miami, Florida area. I do apologize to those of you who have had difficulties connecting to the temporary chat room. All I can suggest is to carefully follow the instructions on how to connect, all on the Chat page of the website.

I have been connecting to more and more folks via Facebook. I was very pleased to re-connect with my long time industry colleague and friend, David Marsden, who is in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Other people who have connected as friends include Dave Currie, Wayne Harrett from Seaside-FM in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Bruce Toews, Rich Howe, Rick Canode, Scott Harmon, Charlie Ritenburg, Linda Guy, Judy Covington, Al Mair, William Spaulding, and Dale Patterson. It would be great to connect with you too. Follow me on Facebook; click the Facebook link on any page of the website.

Our Song of the Week at the Treasure Island Oldies Blog is Midnight Confessions by The Grass Roots. Enjoy!

We move into the early 1970s this for Voice Your Choice with another TV "family", this time it's The Partridge Family. Which of these songs do you prefer?: Doesn't Somebody Want To Be Wanted or I'll Meet You Halfway. Cast your vote; click the Voice Your Choice button on any page of the website and make your selection. The winning song will be played in the 3rd hour of next week's show.

Speaking of next week, it's our Annual Canadian Thanksgiving Special. If there's a song you'd like to hear, Call or Click, it's that easy. Call the Treasure Island Oldies Listener Request Line at 206-203-4678 and record your voicemail request message. Or click the Requests button on any page of the website. I look forward to hearing from you.

Burt Toombs in Grimsby, Ontario has just been added to the Treasure Island Oldies Listener Gallery, and it would be great to have your photo as part of the gallery too. Send your name, city and photo to michael@treasureislandoldies.com

If you have a birthday coming up or would like me to wish Happy Birthday to someone special, send the details to me: name, birthday date as well and the city, province or state and country to michael@treasureislandoldies.com and I'll play our official birthday song, Birthday by The Beatles, to recognize the special day.

Have a great week.
Bye for now.

Michael