Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Harpers Bizarre - Voice Your Choice

As I am doing my weekly research when preparing the Voice Your Choice feature on Treasure Island Oldies, I occasionally come across information that completely surprises me. And that's the case this week when I was looking for background information on Harpers Bizarre.

I had assumed they were some background session singers, but no. One of the key members of the group was Ted Templeman. He went on to major success as a record producer, and is responsible for producing many artists including The Doobie Brothers and Van Halen.

The other members of the group from Santa Cruz, California were Eddie James, Dick Yount, John Petersen and Dick Scoppettone. John Petersen had been a member of The Beau Brummels before joining Harpers Bizarre.

This week on Treasure Island Oldies, Voice Your Choice presents Harpers Bizarre with two of their charted hits for your votes. Cast you vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy) or Come To The Sunshine.

I'll play the winner in the 3rd hour of next week's show.