Monday, January 14, 2013

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies - Week of January 13, 2013


January 13th, 2013 to January 20th, 2013

I keep looking at the year 2013 and find it amazing how the years are flying past. Let's all enjoy our time together, while we are able. And I sure enjoy spending time with you every week on Treasure Island Oldies, and this week is certainly no exception. Thanks for your requests again this week. I always look forward to hearing from you and I do my best to play your request. I also have a request of you...If you'd like to call our Listener Line at 206-339-0709 to record your request, that would be great. However, in order to be able to include your recorded phone request, I MUST receive it no later than 2 hours BEFORE the live show starts. That is 6 pm Pacific time every Sunday. Otherwise, your request will have to wait until the next week.

Happy Birthday wishes go out to long time and loyal listener, Judy Covington in Canton, Ohio. All the best to you Judy. If you have a birthday coming up, send the details of your name, city and birthday date to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'll help you celebrate by wishing you Happy Birthday on the show and I'll also play Birthday for you  by The Beatles.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing Dion And The Belmonts with one of their signature hits, Runaround Sue. It's our Song Of The Week. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice presents Fabian with two of his not so many hits. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice Page for either Turn Me Loose or Tiger. The winning song will be played in the 3rd hour of next week's show.


Here is the Rock & Roll News for the week of January 13th, 2013


And this week's Top 5 Countdown from 1960.



Have a good week.

Bye for now.
Michael