Monday, January 28, 2013

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies - Week Of January 27, 2013


January 27th, 22013 to February 2nd, 2013

Thanks for joining me once again for this week's show. I'm sure glad that the technical issues with the server were completely resolved hours before the live show. My thanks to the tech guys in the NeuLion production department for getting everything resolved.

Next week on the show in the 4th hour, it's a Tribute To The Day The Music Died, our Annual Salute to Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and The Big Bopper. And in two weeks, it's our Annual Valentine's Day Special. If you would like to hear a special song that brings back lots of memories of the one you love, be sure to send in your requests and dedications. You can get in touch with me two ways. Call or Click. The 24/7 Treasure Island Oldies Listener Line is available for you to call and record your request and dedication. Call 206-339-0709. You could also Click the Requests button on any page of the website to let me know the song and dedication. Looking forward to playing your requests as we play Cupid for Valentine's Live Sunday, February 10th.

If you have a birthday coming up, send the details of your name, city and birthday date to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'll help you celebrate by wishing you Happy Birthday on the show and I'll also play Birthday for you  by The Beatles.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing Peter And Gordon with a song written by Del Shannon, I Go To Pieces. It's our Song Of The Week. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice presents The Hollies, one of the top British groups of the British Invasion era. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice Page for either He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother or On A Carousel. I'll play the winning song in the 3rd hour of next week's show.

Here is the Rock And Roll News for the Week of January 27.



And here's the Top 5 Countdown from 1963.



Have a great week.

Bye for now.

Michael