Monday, April 29, 2013

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies - Week Of April 28th, 2013


April 28th, 2013 to May 4, 2013

I enjoy bringing you Treasure Island Oldies every week, yet some weeks seems to stand out over others. I feel this week's show was such an example. I received a great number of requests for this week's show and the requested songs were excellent, and some true Lost Treasures. I selected other songs for the playlist and our regular contributors all had really good songs. All in all, I had a blast and I hope you also enjoyed it. In case you missed the live show, be sure to listen to the Archive at the Listen page.

I'd like to wish my friends and very long time listeners Rick and Connie Canode in Madison, Wisconsin, a very Happy Anniversary this week. They're celebrating 27 years together and I want to wish them all the best and many more years together. Speaking of anniversaries, it's my pleasure to invite you to listen to next week's show when we will celebrate the 16th Anniversary of Treasure Island Oldies. We'll be Live starting at 6 pm Pacific and if you can't be around, be sure to listen to the Archive at theListen page.

Happy Birthday wishes go you to Marjorie Corbo in Benmidji, Minnesota; Marc Baillergeon in Edmonton, Alberta; and to my partner and Webmaster here at Treasure Island Oldies, Eddy Fisher. And If you are about to celebrate your birthday, be sure to let me know so I can wish you Happy Birthday on the show and I'll play Birthday by The Beatles for you! Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing the late great Dusty Springfield in a live TV performance of Son Of A Preacher Man. It's our Song Of The Week. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice presents the Fab Four with two fantastic Beatles songs. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Yes It Is or I'll Be Back,two great ballads. I wonder how close the votes will be. We'll find out when I play the winning song in the 3rd hour of next week's show, our 16th Anniversary Special.

Here's the Rock And Roll News for the week of April 28th.




 
It's also on YouTube

  Listen to the Top 5 Countdown from 1966






See you next week for the 16th Anniversary of Treasure Island Oldies.

Bye for now.

Michael