Monday, February 15, 2016

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of February 14th, 2016

February 14th to February 20th, 2016

I need to begin this week's Update on a sad note. Long time listener and Chat Room regular, Rich Howe, passed away a few days ago in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania of a heart attack. He was a lifetime friend of of nearly 50 years with another regular and show contributor, Rick Canode. I send my condolences to his wife Connie (Kitten).

I apologize for not having an update last week. I was having a surgical procedure to remove a large kidney stone. Sure glad it's over and done now and I am pleased to say I am feeling so much better. I appreciated your well wishes; thanks very much.

Thanks also for your requests for the Valentine's Day Special. It was fun to have the show happen on February 14th, the actual Valentine's Day itself; doesn't happen too often. There are so many songs about love; it must be the number one topic for song lyrics! The cool thing about Treasure Island Oldies is we share the love not just on Valentine's Day but every week, enjoying our love of great music from the '50s, '60s, and '70s together.

Speaking of specials, mark your calendar for our next fun special, The Name Game, Live Sunday, March 13th. Every song played during the show will have the name of a person in the song title. It's always a popular special and I'm sure you'll enjoy it again this year.

I'd like to wish Bev Williams, who lives on Vancouver Island, a very Happy 80th Birthday! My thanks to Tom and Cindy for letting me know and for being part of her birthday celebration. If your birthday is coming up, please be sure to let me know so that I can celebrate your special day on the show. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I’ll wish you Happy Birthday on the air and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing the Number One song from this week's Top 5 Countdown. The Wanderer is our Song of the Week. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice spotlights The Fleetwoods, Gary Troxel, Gretchen Christopher and Barbara Ellis, from Olympia, Washington. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Come Softly To Me or Mr. Blue. I’ll play the winner on next week’s show.

Here’s this week’s Rock and Roll News Podcast

Listen to the Top 5 Countdown from 1962.

Take care and have a good week.

Bye for now.
Michael


-->