Monday, May 16, 2016

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of May 15th, 2016

May 15th to May 21st, 2016

It was another fun four hours on the Island this week. So many great tunes and a ton of memories. That's what I love about bringing the show to you every week. I play YOUR music, play YOUR requests and bring back YOUR memories. I have learned that music plays an important role in our mental health and well being. Think about it. When you hear a song you haven't heard in some time, it all comes back to you, including a lot of the lyrics. Music keeps our minds active. So be sure to join me again next week for another reactivation. :-) 

I'm pleased to let you know that we have a new Listener Line phone service provider, so you can once again call and record your request and message. Call 641-715-3900 and when connected enter the extension 716181 followed by the # (pound) symbol. It works well, as Judy in Canton, Ohio called and requested a cool tune by Shelley Fabares. I look forward to hearing from you as well and to playing your request. 

The Chat Room was busy this week and we were pleased to welcome the newlyweds, Caroline and Bruce, who were married in Fargo, North Dakota the day before the show. It was also great to visit with the other Chat Room "Nuts in the Hut". If you've never had a chance for a visit, I can tell you that it puts a new spin on the enjoyment of the show. There is always a lively conversation going on. I'd love to welcome you as well. During the live show Sundays, come to the website and click Chat on the menu bar at any page. Just follow the easy instructions and voila you'll be part of the fun too. 

My Generation Posters and More have introduced another new set of posters this week, including classic cars, TV shows, and some very cool vintage black and white amusement park posters. Please check out their website for more information. And be sure to sign up for their weekly newsletter. You'll be among the first to know about the upcoming weekly specials. And be sure to also let them know you heard their commercial on Treasure Island Oldies. 

I'd like to wish Toni Howerton in Middletown, Ohio, and Cora Quinn in Peoria, Illinois a very Happy Birthday. As well, I am thrilled to say that my Mom, Kathleen, is turning 96 this week! She's doing so well and has her mobility and complete faculties, or as I say she has all her marbles in the Crown Royal bag! LOL If your birthday is coming up soon, please be sure to let me know so that I can celebrate your special day on the show. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I’ll wish you Happy Birthday during the show and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you. 

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing the Number One song on this week's Top 5 Countdown from 1968. It's Archie Bell & The Drells with their signature hit, Tighten Up. It's our Song of the Week. Enjoy! 

Voice Your Choice presents one of the popular soft pop vocal groups, The Lettermen. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Goin' Out Of My Head/Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You or The Way You Look Tonight. I’ll play the winner on next week’s show. 

Here’s this week’s Rock and Roll News Podcast

Listen to the Top 5 Countdown from 1968

Take care. Looking forward to your company again next week. 

Bye for now.
Michael