Monday, June 11, 2018

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies Week of June 10th, 2018

June 10th to June 16th, 2018

It's always a pleasure for me to bring you a new show every week, and this week was no exception. Having a very large music library, I enjoy preparing the playlist for the show. I'll look through the titles and come across that I think you would like to hear, then add it to the list. But it's more than just putting a list of songs together; it's about the feel and flow of the music that I really like.  For example, I really enjoyed playing My Back Pages by The Byrds, as well as the top 10 Manhattan Spiritual by Reg Owens and His Orchestra, That song was from 1959, the Spotlight Year this week on the show. You feedback to these and other songs I played makes it all worthwhile. Thanks very much.

We are now less than a week away from Father's Day and our Annual Father's Day Special. The tribute to Dads everywhere begins next Sunday, June 17th at 6 pm Pacific. Join me in this annual tribute to Father's Day.Listen either via the Yare Media stream or wtnd.org.

Do you have a birthday coming up soon? Please let me know so that I can help you celebrate your special day with the Island listeners around the world. Send the date info to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'll wish you Happy Birthday on the show and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

The Top Five Countdown this week is from 1959, this week's Spotlight Year. At Number One it's Canada's Paul Anka. Lonely Boy is playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Treasure Island Oldies Blog.

Voice Your Choice next week spotlights the great keyboard player Ernie Freeman and his studio group B. Bumble and The Stingers. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Bumble Boogie or Nut Rocker. I'll play the winner on the next week's Father's Day Special.

Listen to this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Thanks again for listening to this week's show. See you next Sunday for the Father's Day live show.

Bye for now.
Michael