Monday, June 18, 2018

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies - Week of June 17th, 2018

June 17th to June 23rd, 2018

Thanks for joining me for my Annual Father's Day Special on the Island. Amazing...four hours of songs for and about our Dads. Thanks for your emails, chat room comments and facebook posts. You sure seem to have enjoyed the show. A big shoutout to Johny Cole at our affiliate station RAG-FM in Raglan, New Zealand who rightly pointed out that the southern hemisphere celebrates Father's Day in September. I remember that, as Father's Day was celebrated on the Sunday in September that I was in Sydney, Australia. As I mentioned in my note to Johny, he can always play the archive of the Father's Day special in September. Also a big hello to listener Tammy Maynard in Nashville, Tennessee who said she loves the show and the music, which brings back a lot of memories for her. Thanks very much, Tammy. I'd love to hear from you too. Got a thought or comment? Send it to michael@treasureislandoldies.com and I will definitely get it directly into my inbox.

Get out the sunscreen! It's the Annual Summer Beach Party next week on the Island. We will do the show from the beach and invite you to sail, row or swim over for the big celebration next week. The sun, the surf, the sand, and the MUSIC! Great summertime memories all next week, June 24th, beginning 6 pm Pacific. Just keep an eye out and a closed mouth for the seagulls flying overhead. LOL Listen either via the Yare Media stream or wtnd.org.

Do you have a birthday coming up soon? Please let me know so that I can help you celebrate your special day with the Island listeners around the world. Send the date info to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'll wish you Happy Birthday on the show and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

The Top Five Countdown this week is from 1965. Appearing in the Number One spot it's the Four Tops. I Can't Help Myself is playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Treasure Island Oldies Blog.

Voice Your Choice next week the group that is the epitome of summer, the Beach Boys! Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either California Girls or Surfin' USA. I'll play the winner on the next week's Summer Beach Party Special.

Listen to this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Thanks again for listening to this week's show. See you next Sunday for the Summer Beach Party.

Bye for now.
Michael