Monday, June 25, 2018

This week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of June 24th, 2018

June 24th to June 30th, 2018

Glad you got back to the mainland safely after our annual Summer Beach Party on the Island! What a fun time we had and the seagulls were not too much of a problem this year fortunately. LOL As always, I very much appreciate receiving your comments and it was great hearing from you this week. Johny Cole at our affiliate station RAG-FM in Raglan, New Zealand asked me to send some heat to go along with the summer songs. Hope it worked, Johny. :-) It was also nice to hear from listener Tammy Maynard in Nashville, Tennessee again this week. Glad you're enjoying the show Tammy. By the way, if by chance you didn't hear your favourite summer song on the summer special, don't worry; you have all summer long to hear it.

Next week on Treasure Island Oldies, it's my annual tribute to the Music of Canada, in conjunction with Canada Day July 1st. I am always pleased and proud to present the soundscape of Canada with the artists and songwriters who have made an impact regionally, nationally and around the world with their music. Having been involved with the scouting, signing and development of many artists during my years with A&M Records, I will play some songs by artists I signed, and a few stories of how I came about signing them. The Music of Canada special gets underway next Sunday, July 1st at 6 pm Pacific. O Canada!

It's my pleasure to send Happy Birthday wishes to Linda Guy in La Habra, California. Both Linda and her husband Dave enjoy listening to the show every week. Do you have a birthday coming up soon? Please let me know so that I can help you celebrate your special day with the Island listeners around the world. Send the date info to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'll wish you Happy Birthday on the show and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

The Top Five Countdown this week is from 1966. Appearing in the Number One spot it's The Beatles. Paperback Writer is playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Treasure Island Oldies Blog.

Voice Your Choice next week presents my friend from Montreal, Andy Kim. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Be My Baby or Rock Me Gently. I'll play the winner on the next week's Music of Canada Special.

Listen to this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Thanks again for listening to this week's show. See you next Sunday for the Music of Canada Special right here on the Island.

Bye for now.
Michael