Monday, December 16, 2019

Your Islandays Update Week of December 15th

December 15th to 21st, 2019

Hi and welcome to this week's Islandays Update. This week's show sure zipped by fast for me that's for sure. At the end of one of the hours, I double checked to see if I was about to start the 3rd or the 4th hour. It was the 4th. Time flies when you're having fun. And I sure enjoyed putting together the playlist for this week's show for you. Among the many Christmas Treasures, I wanted to play There's Trouble Brewing by Jack Scott. I was saddened to learn of the passing of this rockabilly rock country pop recording artist and songwriter. And what a career he had! Between June 1958 and November 1961, Jack Scott scored 19 hits on the Billboard charts. His debut album yielded no less than 8 hit singles out of 12 songs on the LP. WOW! He died from congestive heart failure December 12 in Warren, Michigan. I was very honoured to have Treasure Island Oldies as the only online oldies radio show prominently featured at the top of his Jack Scott website. My sincere condolences go out to his family and fans.

I am getting so excited! My Christmas gift to you happens next week. It's the 23rd Annual Christmas Special and I reserve some of my favourite Christmas songs and recordings of all time for this special show. We'll be Live next Sunday, December 22nd at the usual time of 6 pm Pacific, 9 pm Eastern, and also airing throughout the week on the Broadcast Partners Network Affiliate Stations.

If your birthday is coming up soon, I'd like to help you celebrate it on the New Year Dance Party, the first show for 2020 that will air January 5th. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'll wish you Happy Birthday on the air and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

Voice Your Choice will return with the first show of 2020. Details soon.

The Top Five Countdown this week is from 1968. The Number One song this week is a real Motown Classic. While it was the first version recorded, it was the second release of  I Heard It Through The Grapevine, with the first by Gladys Knight And The Pips. This week's Number One is by Marvin Gaye. It's playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Blog.

Click here for this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast. It's the final podcast for the year. The next Rock and Roll News will be on the January 5, 2020 show.

Join me next week for the 23rd Annual Christmas Special. 

Happy Islandays! 

Bye for now.
Michael