Monday, May 01, 2017

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of April 30th to May 6th, 2017

Week of April 30th, 2017 to May 6th, 2017

I am so pleased to welcome another new station to the ever-growing list of Broadcast Partner Network Affiliate Stations. A big hello to MUSHROOM FM in Wellington, New Zealand. We'll be on their station twice every week, Mondays at 10 pm Eastern time and again Saturdays at 7 am Eastern. My thanks to Bruce Toews and Jonathan Mosen; it is great to feel the excitement they have for carrying Treasure Island Oldies on Mushroom FM. Be sure to check them out at mushroomfm.com and send them an email to let them know you are enjoying hearing the show on their station; they'd very much appreciate hearing from you. 

Boy am I excited! Next week is the 20th Anniversary of Treasure Island Oldies and we'll have a big party Sunday, May 7th. What started out as a little internet radio show in 1997, has to my delight, grown and heard on FM, AM and Online radio stations around the world. I'll look back over the past 20 years and share some memories of the times with you. I hope you can join me for the party and if you care to, send an email to me and I'll read your greeting on the air. The address is michael@treasureislandoldies.com

Speaking of anniversaries, I would like to wish a very Happy 31st Wedding Anniversary to Rick and Connie Canode in Madison, Wisconsin. They have been long time listeners, friends and supporters of the show for many years, and Rick also contributes the weekly feature, Rick's Rare Rock and Roll Relic. All the best to you both!

I'd also like to give a shout out to Matt Meaney in Langley, British Columbia. Matt is also a good friend of mine who is recovering well at home now after a surgical procedure to implant a pacemaker. Had to play Gerry and The Pacemakers for Matt! Couldn't resist. Recover fully and soon, Matt.

Happy Birthday to listener Marc Baillergeon in Edmonton, Alberta. I would also like to say Happy Birthday to Eddy Fisher, my partner and Webmaster Extraordinaire! Thanks for all you do every week with the website and our Broadcast Partners Network of stations around the world. If you too have a birthday coming up soon, I'd like to help celebrate your special day by wishing you Happy Birthday on the air and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com

The Top Five Countdown on this week's show is from 1963. And the Number One song is by Little Peggy March. Originally a French song, Chariot, I Will Follow Him is Number One this week and it's playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Blog. Enjoy!

The smooth falsetto soul sound of The Stylistics is in the spotlight next week for Voice Your Choice on Treasure Island Oldies. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either You Make Me Feel Brand New or Break Up To Make Up. I'll play the winning song on next week's show.

Here's this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Have a great week and I look forward to celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the show with you next week.

Bye for now.
Michael