Monday, July 09, 2018

Island Update - This Week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of July 8th, 2018

July 8th to July 14th, 2018

Now that was another very enjoyable four hours spent together. It kind of reminds me of the days when friends would get together and would bring some records to play for everyone to enjoy. The good thing about Treasure Island Oldies is all you need to bring is your ears and memories. LOL I also enjoyed playing some songs from this week's Spotlight Year, 1970, including this week's Top Five Countdown. And what could be better on a hot summer day than to hear some cool summer songs. It was fun to play Summer Sand by Tony Orlando and Dawn, the classic instrumental, Lonely Surfer by Jack Nitzsche, Distant Shores by England's Chad and Jeremy, and many others. If there's a song you'd like me to play for you, send an email to requests@treasureislandoldies.com and I'll do my best.

I continue to receive huge compliments for our Webmaster, Eddy Fisher's beautiful and very creative ads for our specials. I've already had lots of great comments about the annual Instrumental Gems Wordless Wonders Special. Thanks very much and rest assured I have passed them on to Eddy who appreciates it very much. So be sure to mark you calendar for Sunday, August 5th starting at 6 pm Pacific. There was a time when many hits were instrumentals and this special brings back some of the best and biggest instrumental hits throughout the four hours. Over the years, the Instrumental Gems Wordless Wonders has become one of the most popular specials of the year with listeners. Be sure to listen.

It's my pleasure to wish my son, David Godin, a very Happy 36th Birthday. Looking forward to spending a few days together this week for a camping trip near Kamloops, British Columbia. Do you have a birthday coming up soon? Please let me know so that I can help you celebrate your special day with the Island listeners around the world. Send the date info to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'll wish you Happy Birthday on the show and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

The Top Five Countdown this week is from 1970. Three Dog Night are in at Number One with Mama Told Me (Not To Come), now playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Treasure Island Oldies Blog.
Voice Your Choice next week presents Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose, Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Too Late To Turn Back Now or Treat Her Like A Lady. I'll play the winner on the next week's show.

Listen to this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Thanks again for joining me on The Island again this week.

Looking forward to your company once again next week.

Bye for now.
Michael