Monday, November 19, 2018

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of November 18, 2018

November 18th to November 24th, 2018

I must say that I so much look forward to bringing Treasure Island Oldies to you every week. And this week the playlist was chock full of great music, including songs from this week's Spotlight Year, 1965. I also appreciate the time you take to not only listen, but also to send in your requests. It's my pleasure to play them for you. A good example of a request this week was I'll Follow The Sun from Beatles '65 and Beatles For Sale. Toni Howerton in Middledtown, Ohio asked me to play it for her. Another good request came in via the Chat Room. Bill in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan wanted to hear one of his favourite groups, April Wine. I was glad to play You Coulda Been A Lady for Bill. If you'd like me to play a song for you, just let me know. You can click on the Request button on the website or send an email to requests@TreasureIslandOldies.com.

If your birthday is coming up soon, please be sure to let me know in advance so that I can wish you Happy Birthday on the air and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you. Send the birthday info to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com 

I will start to play a few Christmas songs on the show beginning next week, as we ramp up to the Christmas Special, December 23rd. I am very much looking forward to sharing my annual Christmas Special with you. The festivities will begin at 6 pm Pacific with the greatest Christmas music! Ho Ho Ho!

This week's Top Five Countdown is from our Spotlight Year, 1965. At the top of the chart this week it's The Supremes. I Hear A Symphony, complete with a live symphony orchestra in a clip from the TV show Hullabaloo, is now playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Blog.

Next week Voice Your Choice kicks off the Christmas Season with Tommy Edwards. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either It's Christmas Once Again or Kris Kringle.  I'll play the winning song on next week's show.

Listen to this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Before closing off for this week, I would like to send out my very best wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends and listeners. I hope you enjoy your celebration with family and friends. I look forward to your company on next week's show. 

Bye for now.
Michael