Tuesday, April 20, 2010

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies


This week on Treasure Island Oldies
April 18th, 2010 to April 24th, 2010

Every week there are new listeners to the show and many of you get in touch to let me know you've just discovered it. Janet Simonis sent a wonderful note to me via Facebook, which I would like to share with you. "Great station - I just found this station online. I wanted an oldies station that didn't play the same "oldies" songs over and over. Like the music!" Thank you Janet, and Welcome to the Island! And I would love to hear from you as well. You can get in touch with me via Facebook, Click the Requests button, or Call our 24/7 Listener Line at 206-203-4678.

Happy Birthday wishes go out to Marjorie Corbo who celebrated her birthday April 21st. It was great to play our official birthday song for Marjorie, Birthday by The Beatles. If you have a birthday coming up, let me know by sending your name, city and birthday date to michael@treasureislandoldies.com

A big thank you to our Webmaster, Eddy Fisher. He has completed the switchover to our new provider and all went well. I don't think I lost one email in the process. However, if you did send an email to me and anticipate a reply and have not yet heard back, then please re-send the note to me.

We're just a couple of weeks away from the 13th Anniversary Special of Treasure Island Oldies. It is really quite astonishing just how fast these 13 years have gone and I am very pleased and proud to have still have listeners from day one back in1997. Be sure to join in the celebration Sunday, May 2nd for the Live show and later that week for the Archived show.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog is playing a great hit by Dion & The Belmonts this week. A Teenager In Love is our Song of the Week. Enjoy!

Voice Your Choice features Billy & Lillie with two of their great late '50s hit songs: La Dee Dah and Lucky Ladybug. Cast your vote by clicking the Voice your Choice button on any page of the website. The winning song will be played on next week's show.

Running short on time? You can check out both the Rock & Roll News and the Top 5 Countdown and both are available here at the website. Click Podcast for the Rock & Roll News and click Listen for the Top 5 Countdown. You can Subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes. Go to the iTunes Store and search Treasure Island Oldies Podcast. You'll be part of the over eleven thousand downloads every month.

Send in your photo for the Treasure Island Oldies Listener Gallery. Many folks have, but there's still room for yours. Send your picture, name and city to michael@treasureislandoldies.com
. I look forward to receiving  it from you.

Is your high school, college or university Alma Mater planning a Reunion? Let me know and I'll be pleased to let the listeners know about it. Today with people scattered all around the globe, it is sometimes difficult to reach them. I'll do my best to help publicize and promote your Reunion. Send the details to michael@treasureislandoldies.com.

Have a good week.

Bye for now.

Michael