Monday, May 14, 2018

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies Week of May 13th to 19th, 2018

May 13th to 19th, 2018

Happy Mother's Day! It was my pleasure to bring the annual Mother's Day Special to you once again this year. I really enjoy preparing the playlist for this particular show; and there is a vast amount of mother type songs to choose from. Surprisingly, there are so many songs about Mom that I could not play them all. However, for a complete list of all songs I played on the show, just go to the Listen page and scroll down to the playlist.


For our next special, we will salute Dads all around the world with the Annual Father's Day Special. There will be a lot of songs celebrating, saluting and paying tribute to our dear Papa. We get started next Sunday, May 17th at 6 pm Pacific. Listen either via the Yare Media stream or wtnd.org. Be sure to check out the Father's Day Special promo billboard that Eddy Fisher, my Webmaster, has created. Similar to the Miother's Day promo,   you'll find Father in every language! Many thanks Eddy.

I would like to wish Toni Howerton in Middletown, Ohio a very Happy Birthday. And if your birthday is coming up soon, please let me know the date. Send the date info to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'll wish you Happy Birthday on the show and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

The Top Five Countdown this week is from 1964, this week's Spotlight Year. The Number One song is by Motown's Mary Wells. My Guy is playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Treasure Island Oldies Blog.

Voice Your Choice next week spotlights Archie Bell and The Drells, from Houston, Texas. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Tighten Up or I Just Can't Stop Dancing. I'll play the winner on the next week's show.

Listen to this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Thanks again for listening to the Mother's Day Special on this week's show. I look forward to your company next week on the Island.

Bye for now.
Michael