Sunday, May 27, 2018

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of May 27th, 2018

May 27th to June 2nd, 2018
Thanks for keeping me company on the Island again this week. I always enjoy putting the show's playlist together and it sure feels good when I receive a comment, whether it be via email, in the chat room, or via my Facebook page, about how you loved hearing a particular song on the show. I'd love to play your favourite song too. Send a note to me with what you'd like to hear by emailing requests@treasureislandoldies.com I look forward to hearing from you.

Please listen to my annual Father's Day special on Father's Day, June 17th. There will be a lot of songs celebrating, saluting and paying tribute to Father, Dad, Papa, Daddy. We get started 6 pm Pacific. Listen either via the Yare Media stream or wtnd.org.

Birthday wishes go out to Daryl Darnell in Jacksonville, Illinois, and to Bruce Toews in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I'd also like to celebrate your birthday on the show. Send the date info to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'll wish you Happy Birthday on the show and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

The Top Five Countdown this week is from 1971, this week's Spotlight Year. At Number One it's the Rolling Stones. Brown Sugar is playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Treasure Island Oldies Blog.

Voice Your Choice next week spotlights the soulful Arthur Alexander. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either You Better Move On or Anna (Go To Him). I'll play the winner on the next week's show.

Listen to this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Thanks again for listening to this week's show. Have a great week.
See you next Sunday for the live show.

Bye for now.
Michael