Monday, May 21, 2018

This week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of May 20th, 2018

May 20th to 26th, 2018
As I mentioned on my Facebook page at the end of this week's show, it is surprising how quickly four hours can go by. I often find myself all wrapped up in the show when I discover that there is only maybe an hour and ten minutes or so left. As they say, time flies when you're having fun. And as usual, we had lots of fun in the chat room once again this week. The humour is everywhere with some very quick minds contributing to the conversation. As some recent new friends in the chat room say, it really does add an extra dimension to the enjoyment of the show. I invite you to give it a try next Sunday during the live show. Just click Chat on the menu and then follow the easy instructions. We'd love to welcome you to being one of the Nuts in the Hut. Cheers!

June 17th is not only Father's Day, it's also the date for our annual Father's Day Special here on the Island. There will be a lot of songs celebrating, saluting and paying tribute to Father, Dad, Papa, Daddy. We get started next Sunday, June 17th at 6 pm Pacific. Listen either via the Yare Media stream or wtnd.org.

I would like to wish long time listener Cora Quinn in Peoria, Illinois Happy Birthday. And if your birthday is coming up soon, please let me know the date. Send the date info to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'll wish you Happy Birthday on the show and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

The Top Five Countdown this week is from 1960, this week's Spotlight Year. The Number One song is by the Everly Brothers and their fist release for Warner Brothers Records. Cathy's Clown is playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Treasure Island Oldies Blog.

Voice Your Choice next week spotlights Lady Soul, Aretha Franklin. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Ain't No Way or Baby I Love You. I'll play the winner on the next week's show.

Listen to this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Thanks again for listening to this week's show. See you next week on the Island.

Bye for now.
Michael