Monday, May 07, 2018

Treasure Island Oldies 21st Anniversary Special Update Week of May 6th, 2018

May 6th to 12th, 2018

As the Irish Rovers sang, Wasn't That A Party! I had a wonderful time celebrating the 21st Anniversary of Treasure Island Oldies with you on this week's show. I enjoyed playing some montages of the many affiliate station IDs that have carried the show over the years. It was also really nice to hear from some listeners who left a message on the Listener Line. My thanks to Judy Covington in Canton, Ohio; California Barb in California; and Shirley Ham in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Chat Room had a party atmosphere with everyone in a great mood to celebrate. Also, a big thank you to the dozens of people who sent congratulations notes to me via my Facebook page. And of course, the music reflected the occasion with Rare Earth's I Just Want To Celebrate, We Are Family by Sister Sledge,  There Dog Night's Celebrate, and Celebration with Kool And The Gang, and many other party tunes. Thank you all so very much. It really astounds me that I have been getting together with you weekly since 1997! Here's to many more years of fun on the Island. I'd like to also say thank you to Hugh Dobbie Jr., with whom I have been working with since the show began in 1997. Hugh has continued to be the live online streaming provider to this day. Cheers, Hugh!

Next week we will salute Moms all around the world with the Annual Mother's Day Special. There will be a lot of songs celebrating, saluting and paying tribute to mothers. We get started next Sunday, May 13th at 6 pm Pacific. Listen either via the Yare Media stream or wtnd.org Be sure to check out the Mother's Day Special promo billboard that Eddy Fisher, my Webmaster, has created. You'll find Mother in every language! Thanks Eddy for another fun and creative promotional ad.

It would be my pleasure to help celebrate your birthday on the show. If it's coming up soon, please me know by sending the date info to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'll wish you Happy Birthday on the show and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

The Top Five Countdown this week is from 1962, this week's Spotlight Year. The Number One song is by The Shirelles. Soldier Boy is playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Treasure Island Oldies Blog.

Voice Your Choice next week spotlights Annette, one of the original Mouseketeers on The Mickey Mouse Club TV show. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Pineapple Princess or Tall Paul. I'll play the winner on the next week's show.
Listen to this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

In closing for this week, I wanted to thank you again for your many kind wishes and congratulations for the 21st Anniversary of Treasure Island Oldies. I look forward to your company next week on the Mother's Day Special.

Bye for now.
Michael