Monday, October 15, 2018

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies Week of October 14 2018

October 14th to October 20th, 2018

I have the best gig going! Every week I get to sit in the studio and play music for 4 hours. How cool is that??!! The only drawback is that the four hours seem to go by as if it were 15 minutes. So as you can tell, even after hosting Treasure Island Oldies for over 21 years now, I still look forward to your company every week. Thanks very much. And this week our Spotlight Year was 1963, a year before the start of the British Music Invasion. To find out the complete list of songs I played, go to the Listen page and scroll down to the Playlist. I was also pleased to play another song, Come On To Me, from Egypt Station, the new LP by Paul McCartney. If you are a Beatles or Paul McCartney fan, be sure top check out this great album. To be perfectly clear, I gain nothing by promoting and playing this album. It's as a real fan that I want to share this excellent new Paul McCartney release.

Warning: we are just two weeks away from our next special, which will come to you from the Crypt. The annual Halloween Spooktacular will air this year Live Sunday, October 28th. This annual special is one of the most popular of the year and I invite you to join me starting at 6 pm Pacific. It'll be a very scary time!

Is your birthday is coming up soon? If so, I'd like to celebrate it with you. Send the date info to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com and I'll wish you Happy Birthday on the show and play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

The Top Five Countdown this week is from 1963. And at the top of the chart a combination of two talents: singer Jimmy Gilmer and the group The Fireballs. Sugar Shack is playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Treasure Island Oldies Blog.

Next week the Voice Your Choice spotlight is on Del Shannon. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Handy Man or Hats Off To Larry. I'll play the winner next week's show.

Listen to this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

See you next week on The Island. 

Bye for now.
Michael